Finance Business Partner
· Leading Media Owner
· Financial Analysis/FP&A Focus
· Up to £65,000 + benefits
Superb opportunity for a recently Qual (ACCA/CIMA or ACA) with a proven background in FP&A/business partnering to join this iconic Media group. Commercial finance role sitting with the business: mix of FP&A, business partnering, some limited management reporting (P&L) and ad-hoc project & analysis work.
· Work with the commercial finance team to co-ordinate the annual budgeting and forecasting, KPI’s and P&L for a key division within the business
· Track actual performance against budget/forecast, understand variances and communicate to senior management
· As a key contact between the business and the finance team, you’ll spend significant time building relationships with department heads, providing support to management, identifying new ways to communicate performance and providing financial planning & commercial analytical support
· Ownership of the Capex deal models for all key specialist deals, as a key business partner for Director of Programme Operations - making sure the economics of the programmes are clearly analysed and understood.
· Set up financial governance and accounting processes to run the programme
· Track, forecast and report costs associated with the Project
· Work closely with the Regional Development Project Managers to integrate cost information into the overall Project financials and forecasts
· Prepare relevant financial and cost information required by both operational teams and the project steerco
· Responsibility for reporting and writing financial commentary and insight for various audiences and multiple project stakeholders
· Maintain Project financial records, including budget breakdown and monitoring
· Provide control and visibility of budgets, commitments, actual and forecasted expenditure for the Project
· Support the delivery of the Project on time and within budget whilst enabling maximum business value to be realised
· Prepare phased forecasts for capex, cashflows in addition to reporting over financial commitments (for statutory disclosure)
· Prepare any ad-hoc reports required by the Project team or Global management stakeholders
· Provide information for internal and external auditors as required
· Play a key role in driving the overall planning cycle including contributing to business strategy reviews and strategy agenda and ensuring business unit annual plans are consistent with organisation strategy and direction
· Evaluation of financial initiatives and opportunities to deliver insight and analysis for senior management
· Assist in coordinating monthly and annual planning cycle, including timing and process of annual budget review, regular reforecasts, and communication of guidance and instructions in relation to review processes.
· Analyse proposed budgets and forecasts, understand variances and identify areas for improvement
· Co-ordinating monthly reporting versus budgets and forecasts on a consolidated basis across the business
· Work with all inputting parties within the division to ensure timely and informative decision support content. Be dynamic in changing output dependent on business needs
· As and when they arise, use gained knowledge of the business to assist in evaluating potential revenue generating, cost cutting or expansion opportunities (internal & external)
· Assist in organisation-wide approaches relating to efficiency and cost savings
· Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by the FD and senior commercial finance managers
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
· Proven background in management accounting/FP&A
· Media experience preferred but not essential
· Strong academic background; university graduate or equivalent
· Excellent analytical skills and experience building excel spreadsheets up to macro level.
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form.
· Able to explain/present results (especially financial) in a clear, accurate and concise form.
· Team player with strong work ethic.
· Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop strong relationships with colleagues from the different territories
· Detail-oriented, but ability to see the big picture.
· Flexible with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
· Ability to manage own workload in a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines.