This multiple-award winning and truly independent UK Production Group has a reputation for delivering high quality, often ground-breaking & cutting-edge content that is popular across the globe.
They now require an experienced and hands-on Production Accountant from a TV background to join their finance team as their accounting lead on their productions. Reporting to the Head of Finance and based in their Central London offices with stellar career opportunities and exposure across the business in a fast-paced, challenging but relaxed, rewarding & fun environment.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Assist with the production finance management and budget cost reporting for a range of productions
• Review and reconciliation of monthly production cost reports, including preparation of variance reports and assist production managers with commentary on variances
• Preparation of the monthly payroll information for external payroll bureau and posting of payroll journals to production cost managers
• Build and maintain a strong relationship with Production Execs and Production Managers.
• Work with production managers to ensure accurate financial control of all production costs
• Support Production Managers on the management of the production cost managers
Monitor all spend on your allocated productions, including supplier/freelancer invoice submission, petty cash spend, expense claims (ensuring correct invoicing and
paperwork are submitted at all times)
• Assist in the delivery of any ad-hoc projects as and when needed
• Experienced & highly seasoned Production Accountant from TV sector
• Highly proactive with keen attention to detail
• An analytical mind and good attention to detail
• Ability to develop strong working relationships
• Knowledge of HETV UK tax credit preferred but not essential
• Good working knowledge of Octopus PMI preferred
• Sound experience of payroll and pension Auto enrolment
• Proven knowledge of HMRC Film & TV Industry guidelines (including IR35)